Sunday, April 8, 2012

10 of my many Favorites from 2011

These are not in any particular order, but they are some of my favorites of 2011!


This is Rialto Beach in Olympic National Park in Washington.
I was on a eight day photo trip with a couple of my friends. We hiked down to the beach and waited until sunset to captured this shot. Lots of nice beaches in the state of Washington!








I did some product shoots for Lisa Scarr. She is the owner of bagsulove.com. She sell good quaility purses. She wanted to to do some single shot product shots and also some shots with a lifesize Mannequin to showcase her purses. This was a diffrent type of shoot for me, but was a great learning expirence for me. See her web site http://www.bagsulove.com/























This is a shot of Seattle's skyline. It was taken from Kerry Park on a beautiful August night. The  conditions were perfect, clear, no wind or pollution. There were lots of other people taking pictures also, but we arrived early to get a good spot.








This is a shot of my grandkids during the Christmas holidays. They did very good during this session. They listened really good and I just  kind of let them pose on theire own and hit the shutter. Used 3 AB800's, one for the background, one meduim softbox to the left and one large soft box right center. This was a fun shoot!

























Shot at Rancho Seco former nuclear power plant. Used a two minute exposure and my friend Bill Taylor drove his car up the hiil and came back down with the only his parking likes on. I love photgraphing anything with motion, streaks and light!
































Shot of Sol Duc Fall in Olympic Nation Park. This was a easy  one mile walk from the parking lot. We arrived at the falls around 8:30 in the morning, just when the sun was at the right angle. I shot a few perspectives and you can see my friend Bill Taylor on the bridge in the background. These falls are worth the visit.








Baybridge shot from the overlook. When we first arrived at this spot it was dark and the fog did not look very thick, but as dawn rolled around the fog also rolled in. Setup my camera on the tripod and exposed this shot for 15 seconds. I was happy with the outcome and I think the fog added a nice mood to this shot.



























Family shot I took of the Tu family on a 100 degree day at William Land Park. Although it was hot it was a fun shoot. There is a lot of nice choice's for a portait shoot within the park.
























Shot of Imperial Beach Pier in Imperial Beach, Ca. There was a beauitiful sunset on Imperial Beach and I am glad I drove out to the beach that day on a recent stay in San Diego. I like when being patients pays off!







The Astoria Bridge spans the Columbia River between Washington and Oregon. This shot was taken from the Oregon side. My friend Bill Taylor scouted this location out weeks before we made the trip to Oregon. This was the last day of our Washington and Oregon photo trip. This is a long bridge and there were not very many cars crossing the bridge so I had to use a 90 second exposure to get the car streaks to show up across the entire bridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment